Disability Online Facebook Page   Disability Online Twitter               


Home  What's On About Disabilities Services Disability Online News and Resources Jobs and Training  Aids and Equipment Carers Help 


  Funding and Benefits Managing Behaviour Active Support  Respite1    


Funding and Benefits


Aids and Equipment Program (A&EP)

Medical Aids Subsidy Scheme (MASS)

Territory Independence and Mobility Equipment (TIME) Scheme

ENABLE NSW - Program of Appliances for Disabled People (PADP)

ACT Equipment Scheme (ACTES)

Department for Families & Communities Equipment Program

Community Equipment Scheme (CES)

















































Better Start for Children with Disability

The Better Start for Children with Disability initiative aims to assist eligible children with developmental disabilities to access funding for early intervention services.


Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Services Directory

Do you need to know about which community, residential aged care, disability and other support services are available in your area? Search this directory for an extensive list of service providers - including the range of services they offer and their contact details.


Disability or illness - services, payments and support

Services and payments are available to help those who have an illness, injury or a disability that prevents them from working. Extra support is also available to find a job or to get training that will increase the chances of finding work.


Disability Parking Scheme

The Australian Disability Parking Scheme is gradually being implemented across Australia from September 2010, to streamline the distribution and use of disability parking permits. Australian Disability Parking Permits will be recognised in all states and territories. A list of relevant authorities in your state or territory authority is available for enquiries about permit applications, cost, eligibility and permit use.



Home and community care program

The Home and Community Care (HACC) Program provides community care services to frail aged and younger people with disabilities, and their carers.



My Aged Care

The 'My Aged Care'website has been established by the Australian Government to help you navigate the aged care system.




National Auslan Booking and Payment Service

The National Auslan Interpreter Booking and Payment Service (NABS) is funded by the Department of Families, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs. NABS is based at the corporate office of Wesley Mission Brisbane, in Brisbane, but it will provide services Australia-wide. NABS provides interpreters to Deaf and hard of hearing people who use sign language and would like an interpreter for private medical appointments. It is free of charge to Sign Language users and medical practitioners.


National Information Communication Awareness Network (Nican)

The National Information Communication Awareness Network (NICAN) is a free information service that lists accommodation venues accessible to people with disabilities. Their database has information on recreation, tourism, sport and the arts for people with disability for all of Australia.



National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)

The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a helthcare program initiated by the  Australian govenrment for Australian's with a disability. The bill was introduced into parliament in November 2012The NDIS is not available everywhere yet, see the NDIS website to find out which areas currently have access.  trial and roll out.



Northern Territory - service locator

Service Locator helps you find Northern Territory Department of Health and Families services, including urgent care after hours clinic, aged and disability services, dental services, hospitals, hotlines and helplines, palliative care, renal services and sexual assault referral centres.


People with disability

The Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs manages and funds a range of programs to support people with disabilities, including those with a vision impairment and their families and carers.


Pensioner concession card

A Pensioner Concession Card gives cardholders access to Australian Government health concessions and helps with the cost of living by reducing the cost of certain goods and services.


Residential care

This section of the Department of Health and Ageing website contains information on residential care. It links to information for health professionals, about the provision of residential care, including care manuals and guides, lists of services, accreditation and financial information.


Seniors.gov.au - The online source for all Australians over 50

Seniors.gov.au is the Australian Government's premier source of information for Australians over 50. Seniors.gov.au provides older Australians with information on health, lifestyle, care, finance, work and their legal rights and entitlements. Seniors.gov.au also provides a range of community features including a meeting place, q and a forum, events calendar and a 'living history'.




  • Employment Services Assessment - provides an assessment for you when we need more information about your barriers to employment and your capacity to work.

  • Disabled Australian Apprentice Wage Support Program - payments made to employers who employ apprentices with disabilities.

  • Disability employment assistance services - provides specialised employment help for people with disabilities.

  • JobAccess- provides an advice and information service for disability related employment.

  • Job in jeopardy - helps customers whose jobs are in jeopardy because of work problems related to a disability.

  • National Companion Card - a FaHCSIA service that enables eligible people with disability to participate at venues and activities without incurring the cost of a 2nd ticket for their attendant carer.

  • Special Disability Trusts - help for parents and immediate family members responsible for the future care and accommodation needs of a person with a severe disability.

  • Supported Wage System - a system of productivity based wage assessment for those with a disability.

  • Wage Subsidies - money is paid by a Disability Employment Service to subsidise wages for people with disabilities entering work.

  • Workplace Modifications - reimbursement to employers for the costs of workplace modifications when employing people with disabilities.



Introducing the Department of Human

Services - May 2012

The Australian Disability

Parking Scheme

Companion Card